- Maggie Fyfe recently won the King's College University essay contest for incoming students. Her essay was published on the King's College website and she will receive all of the books from next year's reading list.
- Two students have received recognition for their participation in the Canadian Open Mathematics Competition (COMC), Avery Parkinson for Grade 11 (Bronze Award), and Synthia Lin for Grade 9 (Certificate of Honors).
- At our second House Day in December for Grades 1 to 5, students worked collaboratively to create kindness calendars for the month of February.
- January’s Experts@Elmwood series was well attended and is also available for viewing here. If you have a suggestion for a future speaker, please send an email to email@example.com.
- In January, we were extremely grateful for the very generous donation of furniture made possible by Grade 2 Parent Ms. Krisciunas. The donation came from Dale Benjamin and Making the Logical Move, enabling us to improve our breakout spaces, dining furniture, and classroom furniture. The impact this will have on learning is exciting for the school. We would also like to thank Trevor Warren and Jasson Gifford from Office Move Pro for transporting the furniture to us.
- Mr. Perreault developed the online tool we have all been using to do our daily self-assessment, allowing us to smoothly and safely welcome students to the Middle-Senior School each day. Word has travelled—Mr. Perreault’s solution has been shared with independent schools across Ontario.