|Confirmed Number of Cases|
Have a question about health and safety at Elmwood? Send your email to email@example.com
Our Return to School Operational Plan:
- is transparent and robust
- ensures the safety of our students, staff, families and community
- adheres to the most current directives from provincial public health and education authorities
- draws on best practices from around the world
- supports the values of our school community
- Campus Re-Opening September 2020: Executive Summary (August 14)
- Campus Re-Opening September 2020: Operational Readiness Plan (Updated: August 27)
- Campus Re-Opening Logistics- Pre-Kindergarten
- Campus Re-Opening Logistics- Junior and Senior Kindergarten
- Campus Re-Opening Logistics- Junior School (Grades 1-5)
- Campus Re-Opening Logistics- Middle School (Grades 6-8)
- Campus Re-Opening Logistics- Senior School (Grades 9-12)
- COVID-19 FAQs
Return to School Committees
The following committees have been struck to address the various considerations, opportunities and challenges presented by the return to school. The Head of School will oversee all committees.
Health and Safety
Chair: Francie Marchand, Director of Health, Safety and Wellness
Focus: Elmwood’s standing committee on Health and Safety, which includes representation from all divisions, facilities and the Bistro, spearheads the development and implementation of enhanced health and safety protocols and processes to limit the opportunity for transmission of infection within the physical plan, in alignment with provincial guidelines.
Learning and Teaching
Co-chairs: Christine Blackadar, Deputy Head Junior School, and Meagan Enticknap, Deputy Head Middle and Senior School
Focus: Develop an innovative schedule that supports provincial guidelines for a safe return to school and provides common anchor points for students whether in the classroom or online. Determine and implement teaching models that optimize our learning environments to best deliver the curriculum.
Finance and Services
Co-chairs: Tanja Mackin, Director of Finance and Administration and Elise Aylen, Director of Admissions
Focus: Work with the Finance Committee to develop and monitor a sustainable budget for the 2020-21 academic year. Ensures ancillary services are provided to best accommodate our community in the safest manner possible, including the Bistro Services, Uniform Shop and the transportation of our students.
Co-chairs: Stephanie Hanratty, Director of Co-curricular Learning and Erin Derbyshire, Middle School Athletics Director
Focus: Re-imagine the co-curricular program in order to support “whole girl” development within the new return to school guidelines.
Co-chairs: Jen Walsh, Student Life Coordinator and Alli MacDougall, Grade 3 Teacher
Focus: Establish protocols and processes to ensure that the social, emotional well-being of our students is fostered.
Co-chairs: Melanie D’Alessio, Executive Assistant to Head of School and Andrea Thomson, Director of Development
Focus: Continue with the development of on-going programs that offer support and encouragement to staff and build community.
A Successful Start Begins at Home
Ensuring a smooth transition and a safe and healthy return to school in September starts in the summer. By ensuring your family is engaged in and practicing the habits and behaviours that will keep our community safe, you are supporting a successful start to the 2020-21 academic year, particularly for our younger students.
- Encourage frequent handwashing
- Practice coughing and sneezing into elbows
- Make temperature checks part of a regular routine
- Practice physical distancing wherever possible
- Take the COVID-19 Self-Assessment if you have symptoms or are concerned that you may have been exposed to the virus
We Appreciate Your Feedback
Should you have any questions, suggestions, comments or input, please use the form below: