Elmwood’s vision is to be the most innovative girls’ school in Canada and to operate at the forefront of girls’ education globally. Now, more than ever, women are at the centre of the social, political and economic dialogue, acting with courage and integrity in the face of challenge and leading change.
Elmwood School seeks to attract and reward high-caliber professionals who are passionate about educating girls in a single-sex environment. Our school is more than a place to work, it’s a place where you can positively impact the life and development of young girls. Our teachers lead, inspire and encourage our students’ creativity, growth and academic excellence in a supportive and collaborative environment.
If you are an energetic, committed educator with an equal passion for your subject area and for teaching girls, we are keen to hear from you. Let us know about your teaching philosophy, your experience inside and out of the classroom, and why Elmwood might be the right match for you. Elmwood actively seeks educators of diverse backgrounds, interests, and talents, particularly those with experience teaching in an International Baccalaureate school.
Elmwood School encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Contact Tanja Mackin, Director of Finance and Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.
Position Type: Full Time 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Application Deadline: December 6, 2019
Start Date: ASAP
Years Experience: 2
Elmwood School: Inspiring Girls
Elmwood School is the pre-eminent all-girls’ school in Canada’s capital. An independent day school for outstanding girls from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12, we have been a fixture in Ottawa since 1915. Inspiring each girl to reach her full potential is our mission. Elmwood develops inquiring lifelong learners; creates compassionate global citizens and builds confident, caring leaders.
Elmwood School is seeking a Receptionist to be a key member of the Administrative team and to represent the School in a positive and professional manner to students, staff, parents and visitors both in person and on the phone.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Answer, manage and forward telephone calls, take messages, provide basic information as required
- Greet all visitors and inform appropriate staff of their arrival
- Process all incoming and outgoing mail
- Manage school attendance system
- Organize field trip transportation
- Make announcements over the public address system
- Take attendance at all fire drills
- Provide replacement swipe cards for the Elmwood Bistro
- Manage office supply orders
- Cheerful, outgoing and friendly
- Diplomatic, discreet and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Flexible and capable of multitasking
Skills and Experience:
- Completion of secondary school with a minimum of 2 years related experience
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Solid administrative and organizational skills
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Qualified candidates are asked to forward a cover letter and CV to Tanja Mackin, Director of Finance and Administration, via email: email@example.com by December 6, 2019.