The Elmwood uniform shop has a new home and a new name! The "Eagles' Nest" is in room 106 in the Middle/Senior School. Enter through the main door off the parking lot and walk straight ahead down to the end of the hall. It is open throughout the school year on Tuesdays from 3 – 4:15 p.m. and on Thursdays from 7:45 – 8:30 a.m. All Elmwood uniforms must be purchased from the Eagles' Nest or from Top Marks. Orders can also be placed directly with Top Marks via their website at www.topmarks.ca.
Used Uniform Intake and Sale
In June, following school closing, a used-uniform intake day is held, followed by a sale of used uniform items.
Donating Used Uniforms
The Eagles' Nest accepts donations of gently used uniforms. Please drop off uniforms during shop hours.
The shop is now accepting used blazers, skirts (green or tartan), tunics, new Roots hoodies, fleece jackets and the new black track suit bottoms and/or jackets on consignment. All other used uniform items will be gratefully accepted as donations.
Summer uniforms can be worn from May 1st to Thanksgiving in October. We do stock the white polo for Senior School. We do not stock the Junior School summer uniform but we do have samples for sizing before placing an order with Top Marks. We are happy to assist with sizing.
Contact the Eagles' Nest
Uniform Requirements: Kindergarten - Grade 12
- Who is in charge of the Eagles' Nest?
The Eagles' Nest is a volunteer-run operation. It is operated on behalf of Elmwood School by the Elmwood Parents' Association as a fund-raising activity. All revenue earned by the Eagles' Nest is reinvested in the school.
- When is the Eagles' Nest open?
- The Eagles' Nest is open on Tuesdays from 3 to 4:15 p.m. and Thursdays from 7:45 to 8:30 a.m. throughout the school year.
- Why isn't the shop open on other days?
- Tuesday was selected many years ago as the day the Eagles' Nest would be open to accommodate the schedule of volunteers. This year we added Thursday mornings. However, from time to time, the Eagles' Nest is open for additional hours/days in the month of September. Please check the web site for notices announcing these additional hours and the relevant dates. Parents of new students who need to be outfitted with the entire uniform should contact the Eagles' Nest to discuss the possibility of making a personal appointment. A uniform fitting day is scheduled every spring with our supplier Top marks in attendance to address the needs of new parents.
- How do I pay for my purchases at the Eagles' Nest?
- Your purchases at the Eagles' Nest are entered on Elmwood's Point of Sale computer system. At the end of the month purchases are downloaded to the school's Account Assistant and the total amount of your purchases will appear on your monthly bill from Elmwood.
- May students as well as parents make purchases at the Eagles' Nest?
- Yes. In the case of a very young student making a purchase, it would be helpful for the student to come with a note specifying the uniform item is required, the size, quantity, etc.
- How does the Eagles' Nest handle items that need to be returned?
- A uniform item may be returned to the Eagles' Nest for exchange or credit only if the item is one sold by the Eagles' Nest. The item being returned must be in resaleable condition, unless it is being returned due to a defect. The Eagles' Nest cannot accept returns of used or labeled uniform items for exchange or credit. These would only be accepted as donations, depending on the item. Uniform items not sold by the Eagles' Nest must be returned by the purchaser to Top Marks for exchange or refund.
- How can I purchase uniform items if I can't get to the Eagles' Nest on Tuesday afternoon or Thursday morning?
- What does the Eagles' Nest sell?
- Briefly, the Eagles' Nest sells these new uniform items: socks, tights, white blouses, ties, gym uniforms (T-shirts and shorts), sweatshirts and sweatpants. Also available are Micro polar fleece jackets, paint smocks, biking shorts, white polo shirts, track suits, house shirts and sweatpants and a variety of Elmwood novelty items.
- Why can't I buy everything I need at the Eagles' Nest? I went to the Eagles' Nest and tried on a new skirt, but when I wanted to buy this item I was told that it was a sample and that I would have to order my own from Top Marks. This is very inconvenient!
- We understand that parents and students would prefer to buy all uniform items directly from the shop, but this is just not possible given the very limited space.
However, ordering from Top Marks is very simple if you know the size of the uniform item you require (and that's what the samples are for!). You can place your order on-line at http://www.topmarks.ca (Elmwood's password is elm01) and via regular mail, email or fax. If the item you are ordering is in stock, you will usually receive your order within seven to ten working days.
- Can I order from Top Marks throughout the school year?
- Yes, you can. However, if you are ordering items in late spring for the current school year, please indicate that you want your order filled immediately. This will avoid having your order treated as one for the upcoming school year, which would mean a delivery date in August.
- I noticed that Top Marks has a retail outlet in Montreal. Can I buy Elmwood uniform items there?
- No. Top Marks' retail outlet is designed to service local Montreal schools only. They do not stock the Elmwood uniform at the retail outlet.
- What should I do if I need to order a uniform item from Top Marks, but I don't know which size is appropriate?
The easiest thing to do is to come to the Eagles' Nest during opening hours to try on a sample of the uniform item(s) you wish to purchase. For your convenience, the shop now carries samples of all of the Elmwood uniform items in most sizes. If you are unable to do that, then you should provide your measurements as requested on the Top Marks web site or on the order form. If you have provided accurate measurements, Top Marks should be able to provide you with your correct size. Top Marks will provide fitting assistance over the telephone, but please remember that they can only accept your order on-line or by fax, e-mail or regular mail. There is also a uniform fitting day at Elmwood in May, at which Top Marks' representatives are present to help with fittings and to answer questions.
- Why do I need to order my uniform items for the upcoming school year by the end of June in order for Top Marks to guarantee that I will have my uniform by school opening in September?
- All Top Marks' customers naturally want assurance that they will receive their uniforms in time for school opening in September. Therefore, to give the company the best chance to fill orders promptly, Top Marks asks all its customers to submit their orders by the end of June. This gives Top Marks the longest lead time possible should any problems arise with the production of the uniforms. Top Marks usually ships the uniforms to the customers in early August, leaving enough time for exchanges to be made, if required.
It is understandable that Top Marks' resources are challenged when processing orders placed in late August and early September, which is their busiest time of the year. The Eagles' Nest requests parents and students who have had to place their uniform orders late to be patient and to direct any major problems with their uniform orders to the Eagles' Nest coordinator.
- Does the Eagles' Nest accept uniform items on consignment?
- Yes. Donations of gently used clean clothing are still accepted. The money from the sale of these items is reinvested directly back into the school to purchase books for the libraries, science equipment, team uniforms, play equipment and additional teacher resources.
All used uniform items must be able to be worn upon purchase. Therefore all donations of used uniform items must be in excellent condition, laundered or drycleaned, without rips or tears, and with no missing belts or buttons or other mismatched parts.
- Can I bring in my used uniform items for donation at any time of the year?
- The Eagles' Nest will accept used uniform items for sale throughout the school year.
Resources for Download (PDF)
- Summer Reading List (Gr 1-5)
- Summer Reading List (Gr 6-12)
- 2013/14 School Year Dates
- Generic Consent Form
- Course Calendar (Gr 9-12)
- Strategic Plan 2010 - 2015
- Student Handbook