Did you graduate from Elmwood and want to keep up with the latest from the school? Sign up for our Alumnae Directory so we can keep you in the know about your classmates’ achievements, upcoming alumnae events and news from the school.Sign Up/Login
Great independent schools are not built by tuition fees alone. They are characterised by a culture of giving in the spirit of ‘paying it forward’ to future generations. That’s why we turn to our supportive community of alumnae, parents, staff, and friends to contribute to our fundraising campaigns—the generosity of our community makes our school stronger.
Donations go a long way in helping us fulfill our mission: inspiring each girl to reach her full potential. From recruiting new teachers to supporting Elmwood Theatre, from bursaries to athletic uniforms, from books to classroom technology, gifts to the school help us provide a vibrant educational atmosphere that fosters success.
The Annual Campaign is Elmwood’s yearly fundraising campaign which reaches out to our parents, alumnae, past parents, grandparents, current and former faculty and staff, and friends. Each year, the Annual Campaign raises funds in support of essential enhancements and opportunities that immediately benefit our students and their teachers.
Why Your Participation is So Important
- Participation from our parents, alumni, past parents and staff provides a strong endorsement of the School’s mission.
- Our students today are benefiting from philanthropic support provided in the past and this tradition continues today.
- Making a donation is a very thoughtful way of letting us know that Elmwood holds a special place in your heart.
- Any donation amount truly does make a difference—last year contributions of $100 or less resulted in over $10,000 and meant we could address several of our priority needs.
- You will receive a tax credit for your contribution since Elmwood School is a registered charity.
- It feels great to give and be part of the Elmwood family!
Our Priority Needs for 2014 – 2015
This year’s Annual Campaign will provide vital support for:
- The Elmwood School Bursary Program
- Professional Development opportunities for select teachers.
- The Experts@Elmwood Speaker Series featuring JoAnn Deak.
- Heritage displays for upcoming 100th Anniversary
- A Sundial to replace the historical sundial.
- Digitization of Elmwood School yearbooks
- Special math software
- Library software, periodicals and books
- Sports team uniforms
- Guest instructors
- Fitness equipment
- Artist in Residence Program
- Renovation of Biology Lab
- Scientists in School Program
- Science equipment
- New sheet music
- Digital video camera
- Sound mixer and boom microphone for tech class
- Flexible classrooms
There are many ways to make a gift to Elmwood School.
If you’d like to give by mail, please send your cheque made payable to Elmwood School to:
Attention: Blanche Talbot
261 Buena Vista Road
Ottawa ON K1M 0V9.
To make a donation by phone, please call (613) 749-6761 x. 297 to speak with our Development Officer, Blanche Talbot.
As alumnae, parents, grandparents, faculty and friends, you have already made lasting contributions to Elmwood, and for that we are so thankful. In planning for your future and that of your loved ones, we hope that you will consider making another lasting investment in our school through Planned Giving – gifts through bequests, life insurance and gifts of stock.
Contributions may also be endowed in perpetuity and support the area of the donor’s choice – whether it be a family named endowment fund to support a financial needs student or to support a specific program.
Endowed funds of $25,000 and greater may be named in honour of a loved one or the donor’s family. Please contact the Advancement Office for more information about these unique giving opportunities.
From time to time, Elmwood School may undertake major fundraising initiatives such as new facilities, major renovations, program development or building of our endowment fund.
A Corporate Partner Program is also available to a maximum of six, industry exclusive Partners, providing an opportunity to associate their corporate brand with Elmwood events as well as print and web presence.
Generally, contributions made to these initiatives are pledged over a 3-5 year period.
Every year we hold a gala for the Elmwood community. It’s a very special night that’s only made possible with the help of corporate partners, event sponsors, donors, and our guests. Most importantly, it supports the programs that make Elmwood such a great place to learn and grow.
Save the date for Gala 2015:
Saturday, April 25, 2015
More details to come
Thank you to our Corporate Partners:
The Parents’ Association is a volunteer group that welcomes everyone associated with the School.
The Parents’ Association’s mission is to foster the relationship between parents, friends and the school and to form a partnership to benefit the School and its community. All Parents’ Association programs and events support Elmwood’s mission and values. The Parents’ Association is a committee of the Elmwood Board of Governors.
Parents’ Association Events and Activities:
- Welcome Back Festival
- Eagles’ Nest (Uniform Shop)
- Elmwood Gala
- Run for the Cure
- Fall Harvest Festival
- Holly Tea
- Father Daughter Dinner-Dance
- Staff Appreciation Luncheon
- The Pound (Lost and Found)
- Décor Team
- Parent Ambassadors
- Class Parents
Volunteering at Elmwood
Elmwood relies on parent volunteers to organize community building events and fundraising activities. Volunteering is a wonderful way to contribute to the school’s life and to meet other parents and members of the Elmwood community. The Elmwood Parents’ Association offers many opportunities to get involved.