Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is the "Elmwood Girl"?
- The Elmwood Girl is compassionate, courageous and confident. She is a global citizen and socially responsible. She is interested in academics or arts or athletics, or all of the above. She is spirited, and proud of her school. She could be you!
- Where do Elmwood girls come from?
- From Cumberland to Kanata, from Manotick to Chelsea, Elmwood students come from all corners of the city. In addition, our students are a diverse group from over 30 countries around the world, joining our school via Ottawa's diplomatic community or as homestay students.
- Why does Elmwood offer the International Baccalaureate programme?
- The IB is an internationally recognized gold-standard for education, that enhances Elmwood's strong academic offering. More IB information.
- What extra-curricular activities does Elmwood offer?
- No matter what their interests, Elmwood students will find an extra-curricular to take part in, from sports teams, to theatre, to robotics and more. Every girl is sure to find a way to get involved in student life at Elmwood!
- I don't live in Ottawa. Can I still attend Elmwood?
- Of course! We offer a homestay program for girls who want to live and study in the nation's capital. Learn more about our homestay program.
- Where do girls go after Elmwood?
- Almost all of our students go on to universities here in Canada and around the world. No matter where life takes them once they leave our doors, they are well prepared to take on their new challenge.
- What time does school start everyday? What time does it finish?
- Kindergarten students start their day at 9:00 and JK finishes at 3:00, SK at 3:10. Our Junior School starts at 8:20 and ends at 3:25. Middle and Senior School students start at 8:10 and the end of the school day is at 3:45.
When you look around our school, meet the girls, teachers and staff, you'll see the Elmwood difference. Elmwood is a place where girls belong, where integrity and respect are paramount and where potential is realized.>