When you look around our school, meet the girls, teachers and staff, you’ll see the Elmwood difference. Elmwood is a place where girls belong, where integrity and respect are paramount and where potential is realized.
What makes us unique?
- Elmwood girls are continually outperforming academically, especially in math and science. Our standards are high, and our students don’t disappoint.
- The academically rigorous International Baccalaureate Programme provides a world-class foundation in inquiry-based learning for all students, JK to Grade 12.
- 100% university acceptance. Our girls go on to study at prestigious schools around the world.
- Exceptional faculty who truly understand and respond to the ways girls learn and grow.
- Elmwood feels like home. It is a safe, supportive place where girls can express themselves, build friendships and learn self confidence.
- We encourage our students to take on leadership roles—to challenge themselves to step out of their comfort zones.
- Global citizenship and social responsibility are not just buzz-words here. Our girls give back, to their community and beyond.
- Arts, athletics, academics and a host of co-curricular activities ensure a rich and balanced lifestyle for every student.
- Elmwood embraces digital learning and considers technology an essential teaching tool. Initiatives such as our 1:1 laptop program enhance the learning experience for digital natives—students are technologically confident and competent.
- Elmwood has long been recognized as a globally diverse and culturally inclusive learning community. Our students represent more than 30 different nationalities and ethnicities.
Message from the Headmistress
When you walk through the halls of the school you notice the extraordinary energy, enthusiasm and purpose that our students possess. This is a place where girls feel safe and secure, a place where girls can find their voice, and a place where girls dare to dream big.>